- My Account
- Find Library Items
- Find eBooks
- Library Newsletters
- Library Info
- Contact Us
- Location & Directions
- Job Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Make a Donation
- Computers, Fax, Copier
- Program Room
- Americans with Disabilities Act Policy
- Property Tax Levy FAQ
- Mission Statement
- Board of Trustees
- Freedom of Information Act
- Public Act 97-0609 Information
- Invitation For Bids
- Other Library Sites
Provides support to Circulation Services by sorting and shelving library materials and performing other assigned duties.
$8.41 per hour
Hours Per Week:
Part-time (approximately 6 evening & weekend hours per week)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Sorts materials for shelving.
- Shelves print and non-print materials, including shifting as necessary.
- Straightens materials on shelves.
- Shelves materials left on tables, carrels, etc.
- Straightens chairs, tables, etc. at the end of the day.
- Empties book drops.
- Shelf reads as assigned.
- May answer patron directional questions.
- May be asked to train volunteers and new staff
- Will give tours of the Library to patrons
- Will be required to attend staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May assist the circulation staff with check-in process and answering phones
- Ability to work and communicate orally and in writing with the public and staff
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to retrieve and return books and other library materials to the shelves or other designated places, including ability to accurately file library materials numerically and alphabetically
- Ability to work independently
- Aptitude for detail work
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following represent the physical and environmental demands of this position: this position requires ability to walk to shelving areas and book drops and to stand for long periods of time. Lifting, pushing/pulling, and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds is required, with a maximum of 40 pounds required. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, and bending are required. Repetitive movements of the hands and arms are required. Audio, visual, and verbal functions are essential to performing this position
Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
Shelving Duties – 75%-85%, Training and other assigned duties – 15%to 25%
Visit the library's Circulation Desk for an application.