- My Account
- Find Library Items
- Find eBooks
- Library Newsletters
- Library Info
- Contact Us
- Location & Directions
- Job Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Make a Donation
- Computers, Fax, Copier
- Program Room
- Americans with Disabilities Act Policy
- Property Tax Levy FAQ
- Mission Statement
- Board of Trustees
- Freedom of Information Act
- Public Act 97-0609 Information
- Invitation For Bids
- Other Library Sites
Wireless Internet Access Policy
The library offers wireless access to the Internet for compatible devices at no charge to patrons.
Patrons must be able to set-up personal Internet devices for wireless access. With the exception of facilitating access to the library’s eBook collection, library staff will not supply, install, or configure any hardware/or software on patron equipment, and generally can provide only limited equipment assistance.
The library cannot guarantee network availability, speed, connection quality or signal strength. Applications requiring an excessive amount of bandwidth may not be supported.
Although no Internet filter is 100% effective, all library computer networks utilize solutions to filter spyware/phishing/malicious code, peer-to-peer file sharing and pornography.
The wireless network is not secure, and the library is not responsible for insuring the privacy of information transferred over the network. Wireless network users are strongly encouraged to take precautions to protect their Internet devices and communications including, but not limited to, the use of anti-virus software. Virus, security, and privacy protection is the responsibility of the wireless network user.
Patrons use the library’s wireless network at their own risk, and expressly agree they knowingly assume this risk by using the wireless network. Furthermore, by using the wireless network patrons agree:
- To abide by the library’s Public Computer Use and Wireless Access policies.
- To hold the Huntley Area Public Library District harmless from any claim or loss arising out of or related to use of the library’s wireless network. Any damage to the patron’s equipment, software, configuration, etc. due to staff assistance, viruses, plug-ins, Internet-born programs or other causes is the responsibility of the patron.