Huntley Area Public Library
Number of hours per week: Part-time, Sunday 2.5 hrs. (9 – 11:30 am), Monday – Friday 3 hrs. (6 – 9 am)
Starting salary: $10.12 per hour
Reports to: Head of Facilities and Maintenance
Description: Provides general cleaning and maintenance of library building and grounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs dusting, sweeping, mopping, and waxing of floors.
- Performs sweeping, dusting, and polishing of shelves and furniture.
- Cleans restrooms and kitchen.
- Cleans and maintains carpet.
- Cleans first floor windows inside and out.
- Changes light bulbs and takes out trash.
- Assembles and repairs library fixtures.
- Performs landscaping duties including planting, weeding, and watering.
- Removes snow and ice from sidewalks and spreads salt on sidewalks.
- Assists with pickup and delivery of books for book sale.
- Empties outside and off-site book drops as needed.
- Notifies Head of Facilities and Maintenance of needed maintenance and repairs and supplies.
- Replaces supplies as needed.
- Secures and closes building.
- On call for building emergencies and alarms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of cleaning materials and tools.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff and public.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following represent the physical and environmental demands of this position: this position requires approximately equal amounts of time spent standing and walking. Lifting, pushing/pulling, and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds is sometimes required. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Audio, visual, and verbal functions are essential to performing this position.
Requires completion of eighth grade. One year custodial work experience required. Ability to work flexible hours. Available for on-call emergencies. Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required.
Miscellaneous and Special Assignments 20%
How to Apply:
Submit your completed application to the attention of: email@example.com