The Huntley Area Public Library offers the use of its program room for civic, educational, cultural and public information programs and meetings. Where necessary, priority use of the room will be given to groups in the following order:
1. Library sponsored (including Friends’ Foundation) meetings or programs.
2. Not-for-profit organizations and educational institutions located in the library district.
3. Not-for-profit organizations and educational institutions located outside the library district with members or attendees from the library district.
4. Other organizations or individuals which provide civic, cultural, educational, or information programs to the general public with members or attendees from the library district.
For more information or to make a reservation, please call (847) 669-5386 and press 4 or Download the Program Room Application Form – 12KB
Program Room Charges
$25.00 Refundable Deposit
$25.00 per session – For-Profit Group Use Charge For for-profit groups.
For-profit groups may use the room for training or informational meetings only.
There is no Use Charge for not-for-profit groups.
$25.00 Minimum Clean-up/Damage Charge
Additional charges will be made if clean-up is required or there is damage to the room or equipment. If payment is not made immediately following use of the room, the charge will be placed on the library account of the person reserving the program room.
$25.00 Extra Time Charge
For use of the program room by any non-library sponsored group for each hour or portion thereof beyond the scheduled reservation.
$25.00 Late Cancellation Charge
For failure to cancel a reservation for the program room at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled use of the room.
The library has one program room. The program room will accommodate up to a maximum of 35 people.
The program room is available all hours the building is open to the public up until 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library.
Program room reservations are taken no sooner than four weeks prior to the event. The room may be held by request for 24 hours, but no room will be reserved until both the application and any necessary deposit and fees have been received. A district resident over the age of 18 years old with a valid library card must fill out the application form. Any special room requests should be indicated at that time, but each group is responsible for setting up the desired room configuration.
Only library sponsored groups are allowed to reserve or use the program room more than once in any given 7 day period and use the room for longer than 4 hours per day.
The library reserves the right to cancel any reservation due to unforeseen circumstances or a violation of program room policy.
Program Room Rules
1. All events are open to the general public, except library staff meetings and executive sessions of the Library Board of Trustees. Some library sponsored programs may require prior registration.
2. All non-library sponsored events must have at least 4 attendees.
3. Groups composed of members under age 18 must include one adult attendee/sponsor for every 10 people under the age of 18.
4. All groups must provide any special accommodations that are requested in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
5. Non-library sponsored groups may not charge admission fees. Sales of items or services are not allowed except with special permission of the Library Director to benefit the library.
6. For-profit groups may use the program room only if the program to be presented is educational in content, open to the public and not promoting the services of a particular company. For-profit groups may not require a registration sheet to obtain names for future business contacts, but they may offer a sign-up sheet at the program for attendees who wish to be contacted. Business cards and other promotional materials may be displayed.
7. Groups may rearrange the furniture and equipment available for the program room, but must return the room to its original configuration at the conclusion of the event.
8. Only light refreshments are allowed and all supplies must be furnished by the user. Beverages must be covered in the program room and in other public areas of the building. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the library premises. The individual or organization reserving the room for an event is responsible for following all applicable food safety regulations, including McHenry County Food Protection Program regulations. Food and beverages must be removed from the room at the conclusion of the event. Additionally, surfaces and carpeting must be returned to their pre-event state to avoid the assessment of clean-up/damage fees.
9. Outside items may not be stored at the library prior to or after an event.
10. No organization, other than the Friends Foundation, may use the name, address and phone number of the library as its official address or headquarters. Promotional materials for non-library sponsored events may not include the library’s phone number or suggest the library’s sponsorship.
11. The staff member in charge of the library may make changes to or cancel any event which, in the determination of the library, interferes with the safety and operations of the building because of noise, number of attendees, hazardous materials or other factors.
12. The Library Director is authorized to establish additional reasonable regulations governing the use of the meeting rooms.
13. The library reserves the right to waive portions of this policy to accommodate library sponsored programs and meetings.
The program room is not available for private parties or for purely commercial, partisan political or religious purposes.
In allowing use of its program room, neither the library nor its Board of Trustees endorses any position expressed by any group using the room. The library is not responsible for equipment, supplies, materials, or any personal possessions owned by those sponsoring or attending meetings held at the library.
All individuals, groups or organizations using the program room agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Huntley Area Public Library District and/or its staff and Board of Trustees of any and all consequences resulting from their use of the program room.