Huntley Area Public Library Job Description
Page Position Open
7 Hours Per Week
Night and Weekend Shift
Staring salary: $8.51 an hour.
Please give application to Rachelle Seiler Page Supervisor – or email to email@example.com
Number of hours per week: Part-time
Reports to: Page Supervisor
Description: Provides support to Circulation Services by sorting and shelving library materials and checking in and checking out materials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sorts materials for shelving.
- Shelves print and non-print materials, including shifting as necessary.
- Straightens materials on shelves.
- Shelves materials left on tables, carrels, etc.
- Straightens chairs, tables, etc. at the end of the day.
- Empties book drops.
- Shelf reads as assigned.
- May answer patron directional questions.
- Gives tours of the Library to patrons.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Supervises and trains volunteers and new Pages.
- Helps Circulation staff with back desk duties as needed.
- May assist with Pick List.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate orally and in writing, in an effective manner with the public and staff.
- Ability to retrieve and return books and other library materials to the shelves or other designated places, including ability to accurately file library materials numerically and alphabetically.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following represent the physical and environmental demands of this position: this position requires approximately equal amounts of time spent standing, walking, and sitting. Lifting, pushing/pulling, and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds is sometimes required, with a maximum of 40 pounds infrequently required. Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Repetitive movements of the hands and arms are sometimes required.
Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Shelving Duties 90%
Supervising and Training Volunteers and New Staff 10%