Huntley Area Public Library District
11000 Ruth Road; Huntley, IL 60142
Regular Monthly Meeting
Library Program Room
April 17, 2019—5:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order
3. Public Comment and Visitors
4. Regular Business
a. Secretary’s Report
i. Approval of minutes for the following:
1. Regular Board Meeting, March 20, 2019
b. Financial Report and Checks—Approval of checks and financial reports
c. Monthly Income/Expense Report
5. Library Director’s Report
6. Committee Reports
a. Policy and Personnel: Threadgill-Smith, McKibben, Smith
b. Finance: Moore, Cratty, Budzynski
c. Facilities: Smith, Budzynski, Moore, Novalinski
d. Friends Foundation
7. New Business
a. Architectural Contract Approval
b. Construction Management Contract Approval
c. Approval of Bond Counsel/Disclosure Counsel Engagement
d. Approval of Executive Authority for Soil Borings and Site Survey
e. Nominating Committee Appointments
f. Change in Regular Meeting Date or Selection of Special Meeting Date
8. Old Business
9. Upcoming Dates
a. Regular Board Meeting, May 15, 2019 (subject to change)
10. Board Discussion
11. Executive Session
The Board of Library Trustees will meet in Executive Session under 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1): an
exception under the Open Meetings Act regarding the appointment, employment,
compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body
or legal counsel for the public body including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged
against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to
determine its validity.
12. Items from Executive Session for Action
● Open session discussion is not limited to matters listed above.
● Agendas are prepared in compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
● All matters on the agenda may be discussed, amended, and acted upon.
● Meetings are open to the public, except for closed sessions permitted under 5 ILCS 120/2 et seq.