Huntley Area Public Library District
11000 Ruth Road; Huntley, IL 60142
Regular Monthly Meeting
Program Room 1
May 18, 2022—5:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order
3. Public Comment and Visitors
4. Regular Business
a. Secretary’s Report
b. Approval of minutes for the following:
i. Regular Board Meeting, April 20, 2022
c. Financial Reports and Checks
d. Monthly Income-Expense Report
5. Library Director’s Report
6. Committee Reports
a. Policy: Smith (chair), McKibben, Threadgill-Smith, Budzynski (ex officio)
b. Finance: Benigno (chair), Cratty, Threadgill-Smith, Budzynski (ex officio)
c. Facilities: Cratty (chair), Benigno, Kunde, Budzynski (ex officio)
d. Friends Foundation
7. New Business
a. FY 2022-2023 Staff Wage Increases
8. Old Business
9. Upcoming Dates
a. Regular Board Meeting, June 15, 2022
10. Board Discussion
a. Monument Sign Committee
b. FY 22-23 Budget Discussion
c. Ribbon-Cutting Event Update
11. Executive Session
The Board of Library Trustees will meet in Executive Session under 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1): an
exception under the Open Meetings Act regarding the appointment, employment,
compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body
or legal counsel for the public body including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged
against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to
determine its validity.
12. Action Items from Executive Session
● Open session discussion is not limited to matters listed above.
● Agendas are prepared in compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
● All matters on the agenda may be discussed, amended, and acted upon.
● Meetings are open to the public, except for closed meetings permitted under 5 ILCS 120/2 et seq.