Huntley Area Public Library District
11000 Ruth Road; Huntley, IL 60142
Regular Monthly Meeting
Temporary Meeting Room
May 19, 2021—5:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order
3. Public Comment and Visitors
4. Introduction and Recognition of Library Guests
5. Installation of New Library Trustees
6. Record of Board Membership (Roll Call of Members Present)
7. Regular Business
a. Secretary’s Report
b. Approval of minutes for the following:
i. Regular Board Meeting, April 21, 2021
c. Financial Report and Checks—Approval of Checks and Financial Reports
d. Monthly Income-Expense Report
8. Library Director’s Report
9. Committee Reports
a. Policy: Smith (chair), McKibben, Threadgill-Smith, Budzynski (ex officio)
b. Finance: Cratty (chair), Benigno, McKibben, Threadgill-Smith, Budzynski (ex officio)
c. Facilities: Chair (vacant), Benigno, Cratty, Smith, Budzynski (ex officio)
d. Friends Foundation
10. New Business
a. Appointment of Nominating Committee
b. Staff FY 21-22 General Wage and Merit Increases
c. Proposed Bylaws Amendments
i. Article II, Section 1—Officers Term Length
ii. Article III, Section 2—Board Meeting Schedule/Location Change Protocol
d. Appointment of Library Trustee to Fill Vacant Board Position
11. Old Business
12. Upcoming Dates
a. Regular Board Meeting, June 16, 2021—5:30 p.m.
13. Board Discussion
a. Generalized Budget Discussion
b. COVID-19 Mask Mandates
14. Executive Session
The Board of Library Trustees will meet in Executive Session under 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1): an
exception under the Open Meetings Act regarding the appointment, employment,
compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body
or legal counsel for the public body including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged
against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to
determine its validity.
15. Action Items from Executive Session
● Open session discussion is not limited to matters listed above.
● Agendas are prepared in compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
● All matters on the agenda may be discussed, amended, and acted upon.
● Meetings are open to the public, except for closed meetings permitted under 5 ILCS 120/2 et seq.