Loan Periods for Materials
- Books (Except for Hot Picks)
- Music CDs
- Hot Picks
- Roku 1 Devices
- DVDs (Except for New, 3 renewals if no holds)
- Wii, WiiU, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 Games (limit 3)
- Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor
- New DVDs
If you are not finished with an item by its due date, you may renew that item as long as it not a “Hot Pick”, a “New” feature film, or a video game, and it has not been requested by someone else. Playaways, CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs, DVDs (not new), and devices (Kill A Watt) and Roku 1 Devices may be renewed once if there are no holds on the item. Other materials (books, magazines, music, CDs, audiobooks) may be renewed up to three times if there are no holds on the item. Renewals may be made in person at the circulation desk, over the phone by calling 847.590.8706, or online through the Library Catalog’s My Account option. You should have your library card in hand as well as the items that you wish to renew.
Getting a new library card
It takes just a few minutes to get a library card. Residents of the library district need to present a current photo ID or a piece of mail showing their current address. A parent’s signature is required for members under the age of 18. All members must sign the computer policy agreement form if they want to use the computers. Members under the age of 18 must have their parents come to the library and sign the policy form in order for them to use the computers. Resident cards are valid for three years and are accepted at all surrounding public libraries.
On all materials other than DVDs, Playaways, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 Games, PS4 Games, and Switch games, there is a three-day grace period before late fees are charged. However, if the grace period is exceeded, charges will be calculated from the beginning of the grace period. Late fees for books, music CDs, audio books, and magazines are charged at the rate of 10 cents per day. Late fees for Playaways, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 Games, PS4 Games, Switch Games and DVDs are charged at the rate of $1 per day. Maximum Fine: $10.00 per item.
If you have never logged into the library catalog to change your password, and you received your library card before April 18, 2018, your password is the word “PATRON” in all CAPS. If you received you library card after April 18, 2018, your password is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
For your own confidentiality, please login and change your password.
How do I change my password?
If you know your existing password:
- Visit the library’s online catalog.
- Click on log in (upper right side of the page) with your library card barcode number (all 14 digits, no spaces) and your current password.
- Once logged in, click on My Account from the menu and select My Record.
- Select and expand the Change Logon section of the page by clicking the grey arrow.
- Check the Change Password box.
- Type in your current password, then your new password, and confirm your new password.
- Click on the SAVE button to confirm password changes.
Forgot your password?