This donation-based collection is intended to support and promote the creative expression of local authors in our community.
- Local authors are those who reside in the Village of Huntley and or the Huntley Area Public Library District.
- Items must have been published in the last three years and they must be in new or like-new condition.
- The Library will accept only one copy of any title.
- Author donations are limited to three titles per year.
- The Library will only accept print bound books for this collection excluding pamphlets, spiral bound items, textbooks, and workbooks.
- Library selectors for each collection area will review all materials for possible inclusion.
- Materials offered for the Local Author collection will be treated with the same selection and retention guidelines as our current print collections.
- Materials selected for inclusion into the collection become property of the Huntley Area Public Library. The Huntley Area Public Library District reserves the right to include or exclude any title from the collection for any reason. Materials donated to the library may be removed for any reason, at any time. Materials that are not added to the collection will be returned to the author.
- Materials selected for inclusion will be added to our Local Author Collection area, marked with a special Local Author bookplate acknowledging the donation, and will be searchable in the library catalog.
For more information contact Jo Smolzer, Head of Technical Services at 847.669.5386 ext. 218
Please complete the form in its entirety to submit your book to the library’s Local Authors Collection.