During the week of April 16, the Huntley Area Public Library and our partner libraries will be transitioning to a new library catalog. You will see a new look as you search for library materials, and will be introduced to new features as we work to improve your library experience.
- Seamlessly use the new catalog on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Create an easy to remember username to log into the new library catalog.
- Select your notice preference, including email, text, or automated calls.
- Renew library materials automatically. 3 days before your items are due, the system will automatically try to renew your materials for you. If you have an email listed in your library account, you’ll receive an email letting you know the new due date, or a courtesy reminder if the items cannot be renewed.
- Choose your preferred pickup location from any of the 29 participating libraries.
- Your reading history and lists will be not transferred over to the new catalog. If you want that information preserved, please carefully read the instructions listed below for assistance in printing your reading history and/or your lists before the transition.
How to Prepare: Patron Lists and Reading History
Patrons may choose to email or print their Enterprise Lists prior to April 13th. Once the migration begins on April 13th at 9:00 PM, there will be no access to My Account features.
To email or print a list, log into My Account and view lists. Select a list, then use the checkbox next to the Select an Action dropdown to select all items in the list. Alternatively, you may select a subset of items using the individual checkboxes with each item. Then, in Select an Action, choose Email. You will be prompted for an email address and subject heading.
You can use the same process to print a list of items.
Patrons who have opted in to reading history in Enterprise will have their preference migrated to Polaris. They will not need to opt in again, but their history will not migrate.
A tool has been developed for patrons to save their reading history. Patrons can visit this link, enter their library card number, password, and email address. Your reading history will be delivered as an Excel file to the email address you have specified.