Magazine & Newpaper Articles
Gale’s largest general interest periodical resource, General OneFile, provides periodical and news information through an intuitive, user-friendly search interface for researchers at all levels. Content includes more than 12,000 titles in all with nearly 30 years of coverage. Based on the award-winning Gale PowerSearch platform, General OneFile puts approximately 80 million (updated daily) records at users’ fingertips with a single search query.
This extensive, digitized newspaper collection dates back to 1960. You can view high resolution scans of pages from the archives of the longest running publication about Huntley,IL.
NewsBank offers full-text content of local and regional news from the Daily Herald (1/1/95-Current), Chicago Sun-Times (1/1/86-Current), Algonquin Countryside (9/28/95-11/15/06), Lake in the Hills Countryside (6/12/03-11/9/06), The Courier-News (1/1/97-Current), Crain’s Chicago Business (1/1/01-Current) as well as New York Times (1985-Current) and other regional and national newspapers.
Below are links to local newspapers. Click a link and have your library card number ready to enter if you are using this service from home.
- Northwest Herald: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/HuntleyAreaPublic/NWRB
- Daily Herald: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/HuntleyAreaPublic/ADHB
- Courier News: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/HuntleyAreaPublic/ECNB
- Chicago Sun-Times: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/HuntleyAreaPublic/CSTB
- Farmside: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/HuntleyAreaPublic/FHIH
- Crain’s Chicago Business: http://infoweb.newsbank.com/signin/HuntleyAreaPublic/CRCH
RBdigital (formerly Zinio for Libraries) is the world’s largest newsstand and bookstore. The library has partnered with RBdigital to deliver a selection of digital magazines to Huntley Area Public Library cardholders. Find out more about RBdigital at the library’s Information Desk or download the attached brochure.
Click here to view the library’s RBDigital collection or to set up a new account.