To our amazing patrons:
We know how important the library and its services are to you and the community. Your concerns are our concerns, and as we are in the midst of the building project to improve those services and add more, we know that there are many questions about the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As of now, the library is following the State of Illinois and CDC recommendations and best practices. We have increased the frequency of our already stringent disinfection and cleaning, including tables, chairs, computers, doorknobs, restrooms, and more to help keep you and your family safe.
Per the recommendation of the McHenry County Dept. Health, we have decided to suspend programs and events at the library through March 31, 2020, this includes Friends Foundation events. Any offsite programs will also be canceled. For a complete list of programs and events affected by this, please visit our events calendar.
Offsite programs will also be canceled, and reservations from outside sources for the library’s program room will not be available through March 31, 2020 (Beyond the 31st we will no longer be accepting room reservations due to construction).
If you have concerns related to library materials, we urge you to explore our many online resources for books, movies, television, music, and more. Browse our online resources to take advantage of these great services.
On an almost daily basis, the CDC’s best practices change as more information about the virus becomes available, and we continue to keep updated on the latest information.
For now, you may take these steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
See the information provided by the Illinois Department of Central Management Services below.Download PDF: CMS Coronavirus Memo
Click on an image below to enlarge.